Solved

Integration with Shopify and catalog items not syncing

• 2 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I have set up an integration with Shopify and things are working as expected in regards to the categories, I even created a custom category to make sure Klaviyo could read it and you can see it in the list as such:

Collection: Collection 1

Collection: My custom Collection

All my products are tagged with both collections but when I move to the “Items” tab my items tab is empty. I thought maybe since my store was password protected that maybe that is why Klaviyo could not see it so I disabled the password and tried to refresh the category names followed by “Updating category” 

I have also tried to create Data Feeds, Web Feeds, and Custom Catalog Sources and still I am not able to see any of the Shopify store elements in Klaviyo. Is there possibly a specific way that elements have to be declared in Shopify that we are not aware of?

I also watched this 20 minute video from 4 years ago which is outdated but gives us a general idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKgCi6dLQ9k

I trust the platform has the general idea but there are not enough errors for DIY developers to help us figure out errors on our own but rather have to play the guess game and hunt around for solutions that has us wasting hours that we could be pouring in other areas.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 2 February 2022, 22:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Helmut Granda,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding your catalog and shopify question.

There could be a possible issue regarding your data not being synced for your catalog. I would first recommend trying to resync your catalog feed to see if your items start to populate from Shopify. 

If you have completed the integration steps the catalog will automatically sync from Shopify and you can check the items by going to the catalog tab, for full information on this please refer to our Guide to the Catalog Tab.

All of the drop-down menus for flows and segments are populated by the information that exists inside of the metrics in Klaviyo. Therefore if nobody has taken this action yet, you will not see the options available. The easiest way to get around this is to place a test order through your store so that we have some example data to work with in Klaviyo. The more diverse products you include in this order, the more data you will have to work with. You can see the existing data in Klaviyo by looking through your Metrics tab.

In some cases, you are able to manually enter information. You will most likely have to change the "type" to "text" for this to work. This has to be 100% correct so when the data does come through it will match up. Given there is a high margin for error, we do not typically recommend this method. This is not an option for all data types either.

Your product catalog information only impacts using a product block/feed. If you are having issues with these it is a catalog issue. If you are having issues with the drop-down menus in a flow, this is because this action has not been taken yet.

After resync if there are still issues, please let me know.

Alex

Badge +2

Hi @alex.hong,

Thank you for providing information, after contacting the team through chat (I didn’t know that was an option) we figured it it had to do with some of our products not having images so the sync would fail without warninig.

This is the type of issue that some of us developers would help us greatly, a simple message “The sync failed, please check your products have images” or something like that would speed up the integration process in our end. Just a thought.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Thanks for the followup and suggestion @Helmut Granda! I will make a note of that for our product team to consider. 

Glad you got your problem resolved.

Hello, i'm having a sync issue in synchronising my products from shopify to klaviyo although the integration is already done. 

Can somebody from the support team check upon this and help out asap, please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Farhaan MG!

I would start by looking into the following threads that offer fixes to this issue:

Best,

Brian