Solved

Is there a way to extract and store an Email domain as a custom property?

• 7 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

My theoretical use case here is the following:

1. Profile is created and added to a segment
  2. The Profile would enter a segment triggered Flow
  3. The first step would be a webhook with some kind of text formatting step that updated the Klaviyo profile with the domain from an email address - for example, with a email of username@domain123.com, the domain would be domain123.com
  4. Use a Zapier process to pass that to a Lead enrichment service to obtain more data about that company - eg industry, company size.

Of course, I could extract the domain in Zapier itself, but that would use an additional task. I know it’s unlikely, but is the email domain stored anywhere by itself in Klaviyo, or can the JSON payload include some kind of text formatting function?

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 8 November 2023, 19:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @teamcooperuk!

At this time, the domain of a profile’s identifying email address is not stored as a separate field anywhere in Klaviyo. As far as the JSON formatting route, our webhook payloads adhere to standard JSON rules, meaning that it’s possible you could implement a text formatting function like the one you described. That said, it would constitute a custom use case that is beyond the scope of Community/Support, but it may be achievable.

I hope this helps to clarify!

Best,

Brian