Solved

Send out a Survey Campaign

• 29 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I want to create a survey for my engaged segments, something along the lines of “we want to better serve your needs” and “tell us what you’re interested in” with one button CTA that takes user to “Update your Preferences”.

Can anyone please advise if I can build a survey email in Klaviyo templates?

If yes, how?

Please advise & help!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 31 January 2022, 17:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Afn

Welcome to the Community! We are happy you’re here, this is a great idea! 

You can definitely do this in Klaviyo, it is a great way to gather information about your subscribers! The first option would be to build out your  manage preferences page in Klaviyo. After you have designed this page to allow options for subscribers to choose what they’re interested in or how they want to be served, you can share a link to the Klaviyo-hosted page in your template by linking it to the CTA button you mentioned. 

Another perfectly viable solution is to collect survey responses with a third party tool like Typeform. It should be noted that Klaviyo isn’t able to sync the result/outcome of the quiz as a custom property, because our integration is currently only designed to sync form questions, not the outcome of the quiz. The individual answers from the quiz will be logged on the subscriber’s profile as custom properties. This request is currently logged as a feature request with our product team. 

I’d recommend checking out these other community posts to gain more insight into this! 

Thanks for your participation in the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Taylor Tarpley , I’m in a similar situation in thatI’d like to create a survey. My first thought was to use a Klaviyo signup form embedded on a page, or typeform. With either solution it still seems like it’s a requirement to add the subscriber to a list, but what happens if you have multiple lists the subscriber could have originated from? I have multiple lists named by entry point/location.

So, for example, I have a “subscribe and save” page, where visitors complete a short survey to get a discount and then subscribe… vs people who subscribe via checkout, and don’t get this discount - since the page is designed as an incentive and data collection tool. If a subscriber from the “subscribe and save” list completes the survey, but the survey form adds them to a “survey completed” list (or newsletter etc) does that overwrite any record of them actually subscribing to us via the original “subscribe and save” form?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @wernstrom

Happy to bring some insight into this! Great question!

No, users can be on multiple lists at the same time without overriding what list they originally joined! I would suggest if you uses a Klaviyo form, you can add the users who fill out the form to your Main Subscriber List, instead of a net new list. There are many Benefits of Having a Single Main List you add subscribers to. However, you can  tag the users who fill out the form with a hidden profile property when they fill out that specific form. This way you can pull out these specific users into a segment by using the Properties about Someone or simply use the $source attribute as all those who fill out a form will have the specific $source property from the original from they filled out.

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community! 

-Taylor

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks @Taylor Tarpley, I haven’t utilised the source property but it sounds like I should be - I may consolidate my lists and use that for segmenting. To clarify though, in that link you shared about the benefits of a single main list, it says “Note that the $source property will be overwritten by the latest opt-in” but if I’m following correctly that doesn't have anything to do with overwriting a list membership.

When you say “tag the users who fill out the form with a hidden profile property when they fill out that specific form” do you think it would be better to use a custom property rather than $source - something like “property” = “Survey”, “value” = “Form name”?

I can see the benefits of a main list again now in that you wouldn’t have to deal with multiple preference pages etc too.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @wernstrom

Yes, you are completely right, I misspoke before, thank you for catching that! While the $source property, and segmenting with it i.e. if someone has a specific $source property and is in a specific list, can be insightful for segmenting, it is true that all $source values get over-ridden if a user fills out another form. So a user’s $source property can change if they fill out different forms, but you are correct, that doesn’t overwrite a list membership. You will be able to see in a profile’s page, all the lists they are in. 

To your hidden profile property suggestion, yes! That is exactly what I mean! As the $source property can be over-ridden, adding a specific profile property to each form, will ensure that you know every form they have filled out because those profile properties will be added to the profile’s data. 

Thanks for pointing that out and sharing helpful insight with the Community! Love to see it! 

-Taylor 

As @Taylor Tarpley mentioned one of the options is to use a partner tool. If you decide to go with Survicate we have a native, one-click integration with Klaviyo. It enables you to easily create surveys with Klaviyo-ready email templates. Once your customers start responding, you will be able to see your customers' data in Survicate. You can also send responses to mapped Klaviyo attributes or as tags. 

If you use a mailing list in Klaviyo to distribute your surveys, we automatically capture subscribers' first & last name and email address information - so you'll know who responded to your survey. You'll be able to filter survey results by these attributes, too. You can also add any attributes to your survey link that are supported by Klaviyo or connect Klaviyo integration.

You can add a custom CTA button at the end of the survey - so if you need it can take users to the user to “Update your Preferences” section.