Solved

Send tags or custom fields from Klaviyo to Shopify

• 21 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi I am looking to send update the Shopify Tag field (or any field) in Shopify from Klaviyo when someone updates their subscription preferences on my hosted preference page. Is it possible to update the Shopify Tag field in Shopify from Klaviyo? I saw someone mention you can but they didn’t explain it. I have the Sync settings enabled like below. And it mentions to Shopify sync “Custom Properties”.  I am not sure what it is referring to with Custom Properties? But from what I read you can’t send custom fields to Shopify so I’m confused what that  is referring to. - Thanks

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 28 June 2023, 11:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @sherbert!

I’m going to look into this with Engineering and I’ll update the thread as soon as possible!

- Brian

Badge

OK thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @sherbert!

Sorry for the delay here! In the field you referenced, “custom properties” refers to custom profile properties that are attached to a profile. In other words, they’re just profile properties that you create and set yourself. Here’s our Help Center article on this:

However, integrations with Klaviyo typically work one way - from the e-commerce platform (Shopify) to Klaviyo. Although there are a few exceptions, it will usually require a customization (which is beyond the scope of support/community) to achieve this. A more detailed explanation of this can be found here:

That said, there are possible workarounds, but most of them will require the help/knowledge of a developer. One method could be to use a webhook, which is a development tool used in flows that allows you to export data out of Klaviyo. If you decide to attempt this and are looking for extra development help, you’re always welcome to reach out to one of our wonderful Official Klaviyo Partners.

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

To send tags or custom fields from Klaviyo to Shopify, you can utilize Klaviyo's integration with Shopify features for data synchronization.