Solved

Will Klaviyo allow trigger splits for event properties that are also profile properties?

• 25 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi all,

There’s a limitation in Klaviyo where any event property that is also used as a profile property cannot be used in a trigger split. The property just doesn’t show up in the dropdown.

In my opinion, this is a product limitation that needs to be fixed. 

Is there any plan to fix this?

Thank you,

Kevin.

icon

Best answer by KeviSunshine 26 April 2024, 14:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @KeviSunshine 

Can you explain with an example, please?

Thanks

Andy

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @bluesnapper,

Just to be clear, this is a known issue that Klaviyo support has confirmed to me in the past.

I have an event (“Finalize Quoteset”) with the property “isPortalUser.” See screenshot.

This property was erroneously added to a profile and I can no longer use it in a Trigger Split in a flow.

Here is a screenshot showing the trigger split, and showing that it cannot find the property.

However, I can use this property in a conditional split.

I hope that makes the problem clear.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Thanks for sharing @KeviSunshine 

Yes, that makes sense now. However, just to deepen my understanding of the issue, “property was erroneously added to a profile.” Is that something Klaviyo did, or was it added as a profile property in some other way e.g manual, form submission?

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

It was definitely added to a profile via API calls that me/my organization made during testing. I believe if I delete it from every profile, I could use it in the trigger split. But that doesn’t work for event properties that you want to use as profile properties too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @KeviSunshine 

It was definitely added to a profile via API calls that me/my organization made during testing. I believe if I delete it from every profile, I could use it in the trigger split. But that doesn’t work for event properties that you want to use as profile properties too.

Could you approach this by creating a metric-triggered flow (on Finalize Quoteset event) that creates/updates a custom property?

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Are you suggesting to set the event properties as profile properties so that I can use them in a conditional split? Yes, this would work. But this is a hack!

The purpose of this post is not to find a workaround solution; we’ve been working around this issue for years. The purpose of this post is to ask if this issue is going to be fixed, and to get support from the community to ask Klaviyo to fix this issue!