Solved

Border Styling Issue - Please Help

• 29 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Guys,

I have a border around my whole email -

But I also have a Table Block with borders to create a nice looking product grid -

Because “Border Right” is enabled, this is creating a duplicate border on the right side of the email -

As you can see there is a duplicate border.

Is there anyway around this without using a Custom HTML template?

Thanks

David

icon

Best answer by Dov 30 September 2021, 16:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @DavidF,

Thank you for sharing this question with the Klaviyo community.

I recommend trying to use the Add Columns To Email block into your template to replicate the table functionality. From there, you can drop in 1-column tables to each of the column blocks, or add text and image blocks to the columns directly without using a table block.

The only issue with this is that the columns will stack on mobile but it will resolve the core problem. 

I hope that is helpful.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Dov ,

Thanks for the suggestion, but when you use Add Columns To Email block in the template the right border no longer works -

No border appears for some reason -

I also don’t want columns to stack on mobile either, so this is an issue for me….

Surely this is a Klaviyo bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @DavidF,

Thank you for your follow-up reply.

Understood, yes this is a bug with the old editor and unfortunately there isn’t another way to work around it. With that said, we are getting quite close to the release of a brand new template editor (set for release in Q4) which will remedy this issue entirely.

@Dov Has there been an updated way to restrict border contents to a particular side/sides? Also is there a way to create borders around products in email?