Solved

Browse Abandonment Dynamic Photo

• 24 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to change the photo from which the code {{ event.ImageURL }} pulls from.

For Checkout Abandonment the Dynamic photo is {% if item.product.variant.images.0.src %} When I changed all of the 0 to a 1. It now pulls the second photo from the product page selection. How can I do the same with Browse Abandonment.

Thank You

icon

Best answer by Omar 26 July 2023, 01:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Jvaughn

Welcome to the Community! Congrats on this feat so far!

It sounds like you may be passing the product images as an array, so that makes sense why this would work with your Started Checkout event. It’s possible you might be able to do the same with the browse abandonment flow triggered by viewed product, however you’ll need to do the same workflow of including those image fields as part of the viewed product event metadata.

In my experience, I know some Klaviyo events like this have these types of metadata, but this isn’t true for all. It ultimately is up to your integration, how you setup your website’s backend and also how you setup your events!

Hope this helps!

-Taylor

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @Jvaughn,

The browse abandonment only sends one image to Klaviyo in the browse abandonment event. In order to capture more images you'd need to manipulate the event that sends information to Klaviyo and also send additional data like a second image (url).

This link will show some Klaviyo documentation you could ask your developer to add manipulate
https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/docs/guide_to_integrating_a_platform_without_a_pre_built_klaviyo_integration#viewed-product-tracking-snippet

Good luck,

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO