Solved

Can I extend the expiration date for a profile's dynamic coupon?

• 9 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a welcome flow set up with dynamic coupons. One of my newsletter subscribers went to use the code but it had expired (it has a 14 day expiration). I wanted to extend the date on ONLY her code but not sure if I can do that or how?

If I cannot, and I set up a special non dynamic code just for her, will she still be linked to the welcome flow process (which will put her into the order flow after she orders etc). I want to be sure she stays in the “flows”

thank you!
Lauren

icon

Best answer by retention 12 September 2022, 18:37

View original

3 replies

Badge +1

ok so I think i figured it out by going to shopify and seeing all my codes there- I just extended the one’s that expired on her date- will extend to others too but not worried as I don’t have a lot of subscribers yet. 

I thought I had to do this on Klaviyo but I guess not- shopify!

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @nightbird84, glad you found the solution and thanks for sharing it with the community.

I might be restating the same thing you discovered, but for future reference here in the community - on Shopify (and most supported platforms), Klaviyo creates coupons through Shopify’s API - in other words, Klaviyo’s coupon interface is just a tool to generate Shopify Coupon codes programmatically.  It doesn’t manage the coupon logic externally, the codes are native within the ecommerce platform.    

So all Klaviyo’s dynamic coupon are easily referenced and visible in Shopify in the rare case you need to make any adjustments (cancelling, extending, referencing them to send to customers).  

Badge +1

hi Josh- yes! I now see that- at first I thought I could go into the individual codes on Klaviyo under the person's profile but that didn’t work so then I saw it all on shopify- I had no idea they were all there- LOL! learn something new. Anyway i fixed it and extended and it worked- again t hank you for explaining it better too.