Solved

Can you retrospectively edit a template and apply the changes to all emails using it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Rather than going through all the emails individually and applying the changes?

I’m fixing my entire welcome series doing the same few things over and over. Just wondering if there's any way around it?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 30 June 2022, 18:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @GVaughan 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community, we are so glad you joined! Happy to help.

I do have a question first, are you using the new or old template editor? In Klaviyo’s new template editor, you can save blocks or sections as universal content. When you do, you can choose to apply future edits to every instance of the universal block, across all templates. Although it will take a little time at first to set up all of your universal content, once you do it will make updating your templates a breeze! The article I linked above will walk you through everything you need to know to get the set up on your account. Also check out these other community post on the same topic:

Hope this helps! Thanks again for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey Stephen, thanks for the reply.

Are you saying I should make my templates up of universal blocks, that way I can edit all instances retrospectively?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @GVaughan 

That is correct! By creating universal blocks of saved content you will be able to select if you want to update just the template you are working on or if you want to update all templates that contain that block!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks a million