Solved

Dynamic coupons restricted to one per customer per product

Badge +3

Hi everyone, 

I’m using dynamic coupons to offer free replacement product to customers with known product issues in the past.

I’ve restricted the coupon code to a specific collection. However, in this set up within Klaviyo, if a customer orders more than 1 product of that collection in the same order then the entire order is for free. I’d like to restrict it to one product per customer for this collection. 

Is there a way to achieve this?

Edit: A little after creating the coupon in Klaviyo in also appeared in Shopify. There the settings are limited to 1 per customer and 1 time use of code. Now instead of the “minimum purchase requirement” I need something like “maximum”. Any ideas from the community?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 1 July 2022, 21:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Stela,

Thanks for sharing to the Community.

Currently, we do not have a way to limit the coupon to be used only for one item. To achieve your goal, you will need to create a coupon for each specific product. 

Or you would need to switch the coupon's rule from using a percentage to a fixed dollar amount. For example, Shopify's API does not have the option for "single item use", so moving to a fixed dollar amount for the item's cost would be the best bet.  I understand that this isn't ideal because you might want to include shipping.  You could include a second coupon for shipping if need be:

?name=inline-1336481560.png

I would be happy to submit a product feedback on behalf of you for our team to consider a solution for future releases. 

Badge +3

Thanks Alex, I came to the same conclusion about fixed dollar amount. 

i’d be grateful if you can submit my feedback to the team.