Solved

How do I add a custom web feed in the New Template Editor

• 25 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have successfully set up a custom web feed. When trying to use the `feeds` variable in a template it (obviously) does not show up. In the documentation it says 

1. If you’re using the Classic Editor, click the Data Feeds link in the footer of the template editor.

But I cannot find the same option in the new Template Editor. I tried `Hacking` the feed by adding an empty Product block, but the Web Feed cannot be selected as it’s dynamic input (which makes sense).

Where can I find the feeds in the New Template Editor?

icon

Best answer by yoshida 26 August 2022, 18:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Aram Becker,

Unlike with the classic editor, one of the cool things about the new editor is that you wouldn’t actually need to select a feed. Instead, once you’ve added a custom web feed, you’ll simply need to populate the feed content into your email using the right syntax

Seems like you may have missed the snippet that explains this after the fourth point of the instructions in the How to add a custom web feed in an email Help Center article you reference:

Create your email

1. Create a new email, either through a flow or by creating a new campaign.
  2. Once you've selected a template and are editing the email body, you can add one or more feeds to your campaign or flow email.
    For campaigns, Klaviyo will fetch each feed once per send, and store the returned content. Even if you're sending to thousands of recipients, Klaviyo won't make thousands of requests to your servers.
  3. If you’re using the Classic Editor, click the Data Feeds link in the footer of the template editor.
  4. Select the web feed(s) you want to include in your email.

There’s no need to select a feed when using Klaviyo’s new template editor; just proceed to the next steps. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

HI -
I’ve opened a new template and like to feed it with my RSS. I see Data Feeds link at the bottom of the Editor, but pop-up is empty (foto). Where are I can insert my feed? 
Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @yoshida

You can add a feed source to your Klaviyo account by selecting the Data Feed tab on the right side of the Klaviyo UI. After adding the feed, you should be able to select it from within the Classic editor for use in your template.

David