Upgrade membership tier and send out a coupon for incentive

• 30 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi there,

Our membership has 4 different club levels; classic for free entry, diamond for $5000 spending, sliver for $1000 spending and gold diamond for $2000 spending. My idea is that those members spend over the next level amount, we can send out $200 coupon and valid for 2 months as a reward. Please advise me how to trigger them and schedule an email for coupon blasting. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Icy Lei

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

You can definitely send our a coupon for your customers who spend over a certain threshold! However, to clarify, does each customer have a property appended to their profile that states what membership level they’re in or if not, how are you tracking this data or when does this get added to their profile? Additionally, to be sure, you want to send this $200 coupon for any who at one time spends over a certain amount on a one time purchase, not accumulatively, correct? This will influence how we create and automate the process you’re looking for! 

Thanks for participating in the Community and I look forward to hearing from you! 

-Taylor 

Badge +1

yes, if that customer achieved to next member level and will get special tag: eg member_sliver.

and each customer will get one-time $200 coupon and valid for 2 months.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Icy Lei

Thanks for confirming!

In this case then I would utilize conditional splits  in your post purchase flow sequence to accomplish your goal! If you’r’e unfamiliar with a post purchase flow or why it’s important, I’d check out the article below.

First, I would create multiple splits evaluating what property is attached to the profile .For instance, start the first conditional split with: Has profile property > ‘member_classic’ > if they do, they will go down the ‘YES’ path and you will have another conditional split asking : what someone has done > ordered product > more than x amount > in the last day. If they meet this condition and travel down the YES path, then you can create an email with the coupon for them to receive. If they go down the ‘NO’ path because they haven’t exceeded the amount necessary to level up their tier, then they will simply exit the flow, or receive a normal post purchase thank you email. 

You’ll want to repeat this pattern for the rest of the customer tiers. If they did not have a ‘member_classic’ property and travel down the ‘NO’ path, you’d then ask if they had the ‘silver’, ‘gold diamond’ and ‘diamond’ following the sequence outlined above. I’d check out our amazing  documentation on getting started with coupons in Klaviyo  and our latest Champion article on SMS coupon best practices if you’re signed up for SMS! 

Finally, for those who are leveling up in a tier depending on their spending, you can add their new tier profile property and remove their old property automatically in a flow as well to save you time and trouble! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

how to send out unique coupon by email  and vaild for 2 months ?