Solved

Why is my hyperlink from my button working?

• 6 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

It seems as though there isn't an easy way to make a button a direct hyperlink. If i review the link inside of klaviyo it looks and works just fine. But as soon as I send out a test email it turns the direct download into a massive link that our website isn't linked to which renders the link useless.

There should be a simple way to do this no?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 6 October 2022, 21:50

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Skimmy,

Welcome to the Community! 

Do you mind sharing a bit more about this issue? When you say it downloads into a massive link do you mean to say that the link breaks or breaks after? The issue could be that the hyperlink URLs used contain query parameters and if you have also  enabled web tracking in your account, this could cause the link to break.. I’d suggest toggling off our website tracking option for your account to see if this fixes the issue!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Hey Taylor! So, the link doesn't stay the same link as it does in the preview. Klaviyo turns it into its own link which causes our page to not be found. I will have to check the enabled web tracking in the acct.  Does that link tell me how i can turn that off?

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi @Skimmy, if you’re still having issues, send screenshots of what’s happening (before and after and of the set up). 

Badge +1

Hey Manny, so the link we wanted to use for the download battle pack button in our email was this.

https://audeobox.com/battle-pack  - Direct download

Once in draft mode, it would show the correct hyperlink but as soon as it was sent out as a test email it changed the link to this below.

https://www.audeobox.com/battle-pack/?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign&utm_campaign=Battle%20Alpha%20test%202022-10-05%2018%3A13%3A06&utm_id=01GEN3B9K7YAS8V1H7FSPZAAM8&_kx=?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign&utm_campaign=Battle%20Alpha%20test%202022-10-05%2018%3A13%3A06&utm_id=01GEN3B9K7YAS8V1H7FSPZAAM8&_kx=

This is what it would open up as.

So the workaround was to change the link to a storage/google/api link so it was specific direct download link

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Skimmy,

thanks for hopping in here @Mailbox Manny! In order to test   if our web tracking is the culprit here - navigate to your email settings page click Account > Settings > Email

-Taylor

Badge +1

Hey Taylor its been incredibly hectic over here! The box is unchecked.