Solved

Create segment based on custom events that is fired and custom event that is not fired

• 23 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I have created 2 custom events that fires during my checkout funnel. One is “Started Checkout” and another one is “Placed Order”.

I want to segment the customer based on these 2 custom events with condition, if the profile has recorded event “Started Checkout” but has not recorded custom event “Placed Order” on last 30 days.

Below is the screenshot, I have setup for this segment but profile with custom event “Placed Order” is also included in the segment which is not correct.

Any help on this is appriciated.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 23 February 2024, 16:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @sushilsth 

Thank you for posting your question in the community and thank you for sharing a screenshot of the segment you are building out.

Based on your description of the segment conditions you want, I believe you should set the second condition for Placed Order as follows:

Placed Order > Zero Times > In the last > 30 Days

So, you would want to change your second condition from “equals” to “Zero Times.” When that is updated, you’ll also want to then set the duration criterial to “In the last 30 days”

Give that a shot and let me know if that doesn’t generate the results you are looking for.

Thanks!

@In the Inbox 

Badge +4

Hi @In the Inbox 

Thank you for your response and sorry for the late replay. I have tried your suggestion and it still does not work for me.

I would like to add additional details here that I have missed to mention in the above details. “Started Checkout” is fired using JavaScript browser event whereas the “Placed Order” event is fired using Klaviyo server-side API. Does this different implementation of 2 different event could impact on my segment settings?

Do you have any insight after these additional details?

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Hey @sushilsth! I’m going to move this thread into our Developer Group so they can help you troubleshoot further. 

Badge +4

Hey @sushilsth! I’m going to move this thread into our Developer Group so they can help you troubleshoot further. 

Can you please let me know how I can access thread link to Developer Group?