Solved

How to replicate Klaviyo Revenue (Flow and Campaigns) using the Events table?

• 24 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hey everyone!

So I’ve been trying to replicate what I see on the klaviyo’s dashboards to our local dashboard tool. We have a connection with the Klaviyo API and everything seems to be working fine.

However, I’m facing difficulties when matching the values I see on Klaviyo and and the ones we get from the API.

From Klavyio we get this “event” JSON file, and there we identify if the purchase was a Flow or Campaign due to “attributtion” fied. However, when I sum up to a specific date, the number are always pretty different (5 - 20%) different. 

Did anyone has ever face that?

Thank you very much!

icon

Best answer by Omar 25 January 2023, 00:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

@giovannigg I've not yet done this and I wouldn't be able to help out besides adding the fact that attribution in Klaviyo is given to the last email sent before a purchase within the atribution timeframe set in settings.

Not sure if it's relevant or useful.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +2

Did you maybe find a solution to this problem?

I’m using the API, the metric-aggregates endpoint, and I also get different values from the dashboard when calculating the revenue.

From my analysis, I concluded that the values returned by the API are probably dated based on when the email was sent, while the once I see in the dashboard are reported on the date the order was placed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @growth_hack_404!

I speak about this more in-depth in the thread below, but yes, the API may use a slightly different attribution model than certain (customizable) dashboards in the UI. However, our API team is considering ways to adjust for this in future API releases, so I will update the thread if anything changes.

Best,

Brian