Solved

Preview email in browser - Getting placeholder

• 29 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has worked out how to get a test email to appear in browser. We have a email in browser button but when I click it, i get taken through to a placeholder text box and not the email. Which is very frustrating as internally we need to proof these emails so normally send a link to the browser email.

Thanks

Lizzi :)

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 29 November 2023, 15:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @Porter1234  ,

I understand the situation, I have a possible solution to share email internally:

Add internal contacts to Klaviyo (you can add as many users as you want), with the correct permissions depending on the role.

At this point you can very easily share the link in the preview of the email you have worked on, as shown on the screen:

Click on View campaign

Click on View campaign, copy the link in the search bar and share it with those who have access to Klaviyo, they will see it correctly from the browser.

The only downside is that you don't see the subject of the email and the preview text, you have to share it separately.

I hope I have been helpful, if you give me more information I can try to think of other solutions for you.

Badge

Thanks so much for replying but it would be a huge amount of admin to get everyone onto Klaviyo.

We were using Ometria before and could just send the web browser link around to people. 

Is there any other ideas you would be able to suggest?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Surely sending the test email to everyone is not optimal in your case.

You could send the campaign exclusively to you, at which point you could click on the 'View in browser' button and it would work.

is a bit mechanical, but once you have approval you can delete the campaign for preview.

There has been the same topic on the forum in the past, have a look:
https://community.klaviyo.com/campaigns-and-flows-30/share-online-email-preview-with-reviewer-4994

Badge

Nope its going to get lost in peoples emails and things.

Yhh I send it to myself, and click ‘View in Browser’ but even when i’m logged into Klaviyo in shows Placeholder. 

So I just want the email to show here. 

I will have a look at that other thread. Thank you. :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Surely I have expressed myself wrongly, I meant to send you the actual campaign, not the test.

I know it is inconvenient but I think you should be able to see it that way.

Let me know

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

@Porter1234 If you are seeing the placeholder text for dynamic links (like unsubscribing, managing profile, etc) then that means the link is working correctly. Perhaps if you send the email to yourself and then forward to others they would be able to view and QA the email that way?

Hope this helps,

Katherine