Unique code in flow not working for some customers

• 21 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

We’ve set up an abandoned cart flow, that generates a unique discount code

• % off carty
  • Expires 3 days after receipt
  • one-time use

While some folks are receiving the codes and using them just fine, we are getting a handful of folks for whom the code doesn’t work. When I try the code in the cart it gives me ‘Enter a valid discount code’ error in Shopify.

I followed the steps in this thread to check if it had been used, and the code hadn’t been used before. Any insight?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 21 July 2023, 23:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Jbot

Thanks for sharing your question with us, happy to help! 

Great work already using a similar Community post to troubleshoot! To clarify, you’re confirming that you have created the segment mentioned and no one is dynamically pulled into this segment? Do you mind creating a net new segment with the same conditions again to confirm? I’m curious because you stated that some users have no issues while others do. Additionally, I would navigate to these handful of users’ profile and confirm that they don’t have a recent placed order metric with the coupon attached.

However if after this test you still see no one in the segment and no reason for the coupon error , then I would suggest investigating the following:

• As the topic you linked touches on, ensure that you don’t have the coupon marked on a ‘Shopify only’ condition like ‘Buy X get Y’, which isn’t a feature available in Klaviyo
  • Confirm that your coupon is dynamic/unique instead of static. If the coupon is static, you need to ensure that you created this code in your Shopify admin first. Klaviyo only generates dynamic codes (codes that are unique for each customer)

Hope this helps and thank you for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge

Yes - I’d searched to see if that specific code was used, and came up as not used. I’d also checked the customer info and they had not placed an order.

It’s only for up to $25 off shipping, and I’d specified each of the four countries we ship to. Weirdly, I’d generated a new code specifically for this customer in Shopify, and they had issues with it as well – so it may be an issue on the Shopify side of things, not Klayvio. The coupon was originally set up in Klayvio as a dynamic code.