Solved

How do I become a verified sender on email marketing?

• 22 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

How can I become a verified sender? I filled in my own email and of course it landed it my spam but it said ‘unverified sender’ how can I become a verified one?

icon

Best answer by retention 22 April 2024, 19:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @anonoying, welcome to the community!

To be a “verified sender” in most inbox providers’ context, is to make sure you implement Klaviyo’s branded sending domain. This ensures that the inbox provider recognizes your Klaviyo emails are coming from your domain and not from an unknown entity (aka spammer, hacker, etc).

You can read more about it, and watch the videos here:

There’s a few ways to go about this depending on where your domain was purchased (GoDaddy, Namecheap, etc), but this does involve some settings on your DNS (domain name server).

I realize it’s an extra step and process, but even Google and Yahoo are now more stringent about this and requiring this extra security process to ensure that their recipients are not going to fall victim to phishing or spam emails from nefarious actors.

Hope this helps!

Badge

Thanks for your reply, I bought my domain through shopify, however shopify doesn’t allow me to add a NS option in the DNS settings. Is there any other way I can add those values?

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @anonoying ,

It seems that another Community member has found a workaround for this:

In Klaviyo you should select “Static” instead of “Dynamic”, select “Other” domains and you will then be given the option to enter CNAME instead of NS which is what is in Shopify

Hope this helps! 

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge +1

To become a verified sender and avoid spam folders:

Authenticate your domain with SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records to prove legitimacy... Maintain consistent sending patterns to build trust.
Focus on valuable content to encourage interaction and signal high engagement and Regularly clean your email list to remove inactive subscribers. Monitor deliverability metrics with tools like Klaviyo's dashboard and address issues promptly.

With these steps, you'll become a verified sender in no time! Need more help? Just ask.