Solved

Segment by product order number

• 1 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Community,

I have a client who provides Gift Vouchers to purchase online. We would like to be able to send an email to a customer who has purchased a Gift Voucher and use the product order number as the unique ID so when the customer receives the email it has the product order number in the email

Can I create a segment that can trigger an email to be sent to the customer when they purchase the Gift Voucher that has the product order number in the email? Like an order confirmation email only its showing as a Gift Voucher.

The unique ID has to be the order number as their system is set to match that to the Gift Voucher

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 11 February 2022, 18:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Paul from Concise Digital 

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community for help!

What integration is your customer using with Klaviyo? Different integrations send different “profile properties” that you can use to segment your customers. Depending on the integration this information may already be a profile property, or if it is not you can use a custom API integration to pull the correct information from the ecommerce platform into klaviyo. Let me know what integration you are working with so I can take a closer look at the best option for your client!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@stephen.trumble 

Hi Stephen, 

Thanks for looking into this issue. The platform is Shopify and the gift voucher is a product that is paid for via checkout. 

Regards,

Paul

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@stephen.trumble 

Hi Stephen, following on from my last comment. Can we show the Gift Voucher the customer purchase in the email templates that would display the product order number dynamically as confirmation its the same person that purchased the gift voucher. Similar to how the product order # shows in a confirmation email when the product is purchased. 

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Paul from Concise Digital 

Thank you for your patience while I took a deep dive into this to see if there was any possibility to send the gift voucher data into Klaviyo from Shopify and any possible workarounds. At this time Klaviyo does not have an integration or a work around to pull in gift voucher data to create profile properties to use dynamically in an email. I am submitting this to our product team to be evaluated for possible future product updates. This is not a guarantee that they will move forward with this product feature, but will put it on their radar and help build a use case if other members are looking for this functionality as well. 

I’m sorry this isn’t the answer you were looking for but thank you so much for bringing this to the Klaviyo Community’s attention. Thank you for being a member on the Community!