Solved

Advanced Reporting - Customers within 7 Days of Subscription

• 2 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to track how many of my contacts made a purchase within the first 7 (or X) days after subscribing.

Is there any way to do it, such as cross-referencing data, using pivots or spreadsheets?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 2 March 2023, 15:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @ThePublisher ,

Welcome to the Community!

You might find the Engagement Reports for lists & segments helpful to better understand how and when subscribers are engaging with your brand or making purchases. 

To find the engagement report for a particular list or segment:

1. Navigate to Audiences > Lists & Segments.
  2. Choose the list or segment you want to view the report for. 
  3. If you've chosen a list, click the Reports dropdown and select Engagement Report.A user accesses a list's engagement report
  4. If you've chosen a segment, click Engagement Report next to the Edit Definition tab. A Klaviyo user accesses a segment engagement report

When you use this feature for the first time, you will be prompted to generate the report. These reports are based on average open rates and how long a profile has been in your account. The time your report takes to generate will depend on the size of your list or segment. Once generated, your report will look similar to the following example.

Engagement report data for a Klaviyo list

This report will show the last 30 days worth of data. If you are looking for a most custom solution that gives you a 7-day view, there was a great suggestion offered by a Community user in this thread:

The Best Answer here also suggests creating a Multi-Metric Report to compare subscribes to purchases.

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @ThePublisher,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Adding to @Ashley I.’s awesome suggestions, another way to accomplish this is creating a list triggered flow with a seven-day time delay; followed by a conditional split and an update profile property step. The key here would be having your conditional split evaluate if anyone has purchased since starting the flow (or in the last seven days) and the update profile property step that follows. 

Essentially, what this will do is whenever someone enters a list, if they have made a purchase, they’ll be tagged with a specific profile property that you can capture through segmentation. Additionally, using this method would allow you to see how many users were tagged within a certain timeframe by analyzing that particular step of the flow. 

This would further open you up to more strategies such as following up with users down either paths of the flow automatically if they did or did not make a purchase since subscribing to your list. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +4

thanks Ashley and David, you both helped me a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@ThePublisher If I'm correct I think what you're trying to do is understand the behavior of your audience based on the signup to list trigger.

In essence you would need all users (emails) that signed up to a list and placed an order within x days after this event and then run some sort of a plot on days and orders?

The best of course would to have a big list of everyone in a 3 of 4 month period (or whatever makes sense) with signup date and placed order dates (which you could add as a custom property) and run a days between transaction report between those dates.

My main question and what I'm curious about is how are you planning to make use of this data?

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO