Solved

Custom Reporting - Analyzing Open Rates by Subject Line

• 18 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’d like to know how I can set up a custom report that to analyze Monthly Subject Line performance (Open Rate performance) with the Subject as a metric. 

I am reviewing opens in Custom Reporting and don’t see how to set it up - wanted to know if anyone else has similar issues or has created a template report.

It’s a important report to analyze Brand performance and what resonates best with our segment. 

icon

Best answer by sonomaemail 19 April 2024, 03:52

View original

1 reply

Badge +3

The subject line is automatically included when you use a custom Campaign Performance Report. Here’s how to set it up to analyze your open rates for last month’s campaigns:

1. Go to Analytics > Custom Reports and click the Create from Scratch button.
  2. In the Report Type drop-down, select the Campaign Performance Report.
  3. Click the Standard Campaign Metrics drop-down and remove the irrelevant metrics. At minimum, you’ll want to look at Email Open Rate, but I would also keep Email Recipients and Unique Opens Email so you can compare the raw numbers when you send to varying segment sizes.
  4. Under Group By, choose Campaigns, or Campaigns (including variations) if you’ve been running A/B tests. Optionally, you can add List/Segment if you send campaigns to multiple segments and want to compare.
  5. Under Timeframe, choose Sent Last Month.
  6. Click the Save & Run Report button.
  7. Scroll down to see the results.

Adrienne