Solved

Subscribe page (Custom domain)

• 27 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Is there an option to add a custom domain for the URL used for this page?

Ie, can I change the URL (see screenshot below) to for example www.mydomain.com/newsletter

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 28 February 2023, 20:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @robk123five ,

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for the excellent question. 

You should be able to change the URL when using a Hosted Page. 

Only paid accounts that have passed account verification have the ability to enable custom hosted pages. Note, this is better suited for a person or team who is tech savvy as this will require some custom coding. 

If you are feeling up to the task, you can follow these steps to enable hosted pages:

1. Click your organization name in the bottom left corner.
  2. Select Settings
  3. Click Domains and Hosting.
    Domains and Hosting tab in Klaviyo
  4. Click Enable Custom Pages to turn this feature on and add the Hosted Pages tab to your account.

Next, you can custom code your consent pages with the custom URL and other features you would like to add. 

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @robk123five,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community and great question!

Unfortunately, you would not be able to customize the URL for the standard pre-built subscribe page. A workaround to this would be creating a new page on your website specifically for subscribers and embedding a signup form on it. This way you’ll have access to a branded URL that you can share with others so users can subscribe to a specific list. 

I think you’ll find our How to embed a sign-up form on your website Help Center article helpful to accomplishing this. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

@Ashley I. @David To thank you for your reply. @Ashley I. you write: “You should be able to change the URL when using a Hosted Page.” 

Should or can?

Because @David To says I can’t customize the URL...

Can anyone clarify what’s the correct answer?

Thank you for helping out!

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hi @robk123five ,

As @David To rightly pointed out, you can’t customise the default unsubscribe URL as this has to be done out side of Klaviyo.

However, curious to know what is it you’re trying to achieve from using a custom domain unsub URL - is it just the domain part you want or you are in fact looking at building a branded unsubscribe page with a branded custom domain?

Regards,

Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

@robk123five To clarify my comment:

​​​​​@David To and @inboxingmaestro are correct in that you would not be able to modify the URL in the standard pages within Klaviyo. This would need to be done on a separate page hosted on your domain to be able to modify the URL structure. 

A workaround to this would be creating a new page on your website specifically for subscribers and embedding a signup form on it. This way you’ll have access to a branded URL that you can share with others so users can subscribe to a specific list.