Solved

Data Capture Within Emails

• 28 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

we currently have a welcome email flow, I’d like to expand this into a welcome series. One of the thing I’d like to do is capture some more information, such as birthday.

Is there a way to do this within the email? Or direct them to a form within Klavyio? Or would this need to be built within our own website?

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 28 October 2022, 22:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Jblease-Wiliams and welcome to the Community!

There are a few different ways to collect your customer’s birthdays in Klaviyo. Based on what I know about your use case, I would recommend that you include a Birthday field in the initial sign up form for your Welcome flow. Assuming that your Welcome flow is triggered by someone joining a subscriber’s list via a signup form, this is a fairly easy addition:

1. Navigate to your signup form and click to edit.
  2. On the menu to the left, click Add Blocks, then find the Date block under the Input Fields section:

1. Then, format the date field like in the image below. Make sure to include the correct date format in the Placeholder Text per Klaviyo’s Accepted Date Formats:
  1. Since there isn’t a default Birthday profile property, you will have to create one by typing it in the Profile Property field and clicking the “Create” option:

Then, just publish the form and it will start collecting Birthdays that you can use later in flows. 

If you are looking for other ways to collect birthdays, I’d recommend the following Community posts:

I hope this helps and thanks for being a Community member!

- Brian

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey @Jblease-Wiliams,

Love the idea of additional data collection of your customers. It will dramatically increase your segmentation options and create better personalization efforts. 

I would also explore options to collect data points via onsite forms (think pop ups with optional fields). Or additional data points via reviews or surveys!

Badge +1

Hi, yes it was an online form I was looking for really - I think too many fields in the initial sign up form puts people off.

Thanks for this - will have a read of those extra articles :)