Solved

Filter a single flow email

• 21 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi everyone!

I’d like to filter a single email in my flow based on wether someone has received this same email in the past, but it’s an email from a different flow (with the exact same content) 

Is that even possible?

I’ve read https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002779091-How-to-add-an-additional-filter-to-a-single-flow-email

But I still have some questions:

I can see the option to add a filter to the email like this: *Has not received this email* (*skip anyone who has received this message* *at any time*).

What are the requirements for klaviyo to recognize that it is the same email as from the other flow?

P.s. It is a brand story/educational email from my welcome flow, which I would like to be send in my post-purchase flow to those who have not received this email in the past.

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 21 November 2022, 16:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Lucia937 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

To add a filter to a message in a flow to suppress someone from receiving a similar email from a previous flow/send, all you will need to do is set up the filter using the previous email ID. 

To find the email ID, you’d need to follow these steps:

• Go to the previous flow
  • Click on the message step in the flow, and click on the “Edit” button in the left hand navigation
  • When the message editor opens, click on “Edit Email” button as if you were going to change the content in the email
  • When the editor opens, look at the URL of the page. It should look something like this:
    http://www.klaviyo.com/email-template-editor/flow/message/ABC123/content/edit
  • The highlighted section about is the message ID. 
  • Copy this ID and then you’ll use this in your additional message filter. 

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Amazing! Thanks so much for the fast reply and throughout explanation!

Have a wonderful day ahead!