Solved

Flow Filters - Emails being skipped

• 12 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’m new to Klaviyo and just got my flows set up and live.

I have Welcome Series, Abandoned Cart, Browse Abandonment, Post Purchase/Thank You, and Win Back all running.

After the first few days, I’ve noticed lots of ‘skipped’ in the specific emails in each flow.

How do I filter the entire flow (or filter each email in the flow) to stop sending once a customer has ordered? I don’t want them to get Welcome Email 2, 3 and 4 if they purchased after the first.

I played around with “What someone has done (or has not)” in each individual email of the flow but just confused as to why so many are being skipped, when I haven’t had as many orders as there are skips.

Should I put a filter on each email in the flow, if so what should those be set to?

Or should I set a filter to then entire flow to remove them once an order is placed?

Whichever is easier would be ideal!

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 15 January 2024, 08:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@MattOlen 

It would be much easier to guide you if you share some screenshots of the setup.. this way we will have to guess what you did :)) 

Anyway.. to find out why people are being skipped even if they are not placing order you can go into the flow info and find out.. 

click on any email in the flow and click on view all analytics on the left side menu 

then click on recipient activity and go to the skipped tab on the left side (its on the bottom)

once you click this on the top of your list you will see a dropdown with all the possible options why people may have been skipped.. from those numbers you will see why most people are being skipped in your flow.. is it the filters you set or maybe something else

Badge

Here is the setup, the analytics of the second email in the flow (the first email is triggered with popup signup, so no skips), and the reason that the second email is being skipped for each recipient. 

Full Flow Set Up
Here is the additional filter on Emails 2,3, and 4
This is Email 2’s Analytics, a ton of skips
This is the reason why they were skipped, the same for all 27

I’m assuming I messed up something in the filter, either in each individual email or in the flow as a whole. The flow filter is set to the same “Placed Order Zero Times Since Starting Flow”.

Thank you so much for your help so far! Trying to learn this on the fly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@MattOlen 

from this it seems like simply people bought and that is why they were skipped.. 

Badge

Got it! I didn’t think that many orders came through with the specified discount code but just needed a second set of eyes to make sure I had it set up right, regardless!

Appreciate the help!