Solved

Email formatting issue?

• 10 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi!

My email looks great when viewed in browser, but when viewing in Outlook - where I’ve used the split blocks, the images in outlook are huge, and makes the text look totally off and really thin down the side. Both images are set to “auto” max width. See photos below.

How it should look:

How it looks in Outlook:

Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 10 March 2023, 14:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @DeannaJoust ,

Welcome to the Community! 

When using the “Auto” max width for images, it will default to the original image dimensions when sending your campaign message. This can mean that your image will look different in inbox providers, like Outlook, when sending test emails. 

I would instead recommend utilizing the “Manual” column width settings in a Table block to specify the % or px width of the images when sending:

And if you are using a Split block, you can do the same from the Split Settings tab as shown below:

I find that using Column blocks is better for content that you want to display side by side, and Split blocks are better for content that may need to be layered or “stack” onto one another on mobile screens. 

Also worth noting that there are known differences in email designs when displayed in Outlook. You can read more about this in this post. So it may be that after adjusting these settings that you may still observe some discrepancies between what you see in the email template editor and what is displayed by the Outlook inbox. 

I recommend playing about with the “Manual” width settings in your block until you find a balance that works best for your use case. 

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski