Solved

How to change vertical spacing after headlines when everything is 0?

• 3 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Problem Solver I
  • 35 replies

Hi There,

New to Klaviyo so sorry if this easy.

See attached, we’re trying to find and remove the space after the heading - where does that come from and is there any way to control it?

Padding on all blocks are set ‘0’ and there’s no section between them.

We’re not trying to create ‘pixel perfect’ design but space between headlines and text is critical for grouping headlines with text.

If there’s too much space after headlines, the text becomes orphaned from the headline if that makes sense.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Ben

icon

Best answer by Dov 3 March 2022, 20:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Ben,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

It looks like you may be using two separate text blocks in this example. If that is the case, my recommendation is to consolidate both the header and the body text into a single text block, that will allow you to more easily adjust the content within the block. Otherwise, it will be very tricky to adjust these blocks to make them “work together”.

You can designate the Headline as the “Heading” under “Content” (as you see in the screenshot below) and the rest of the text as “normal” text and adjust the font as you see fit.

After you have this step down, the simplest way to reduce the space is to hit backspace between the text until the header and the normal text are “connected” like this:

then use a line break by hitting SHIFT + Return (Enter). This enters a break tag which will adjust the spacing to “close the gap”.

I hope that is helpful!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks Dov,

We’ll combine text blocks as suggested moving forward.

However, one of the nice things about a block system is that you can work with headlines separately in a variety of ways, like reordering to test headlines above images or below - independently from the main story text if that makes sense?

I also didn’t see the code button in fact, some buttons are missing icons for me so will logout and clear cache as suggested in another answer.

Cheers and thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

Ben