Solved

How do I pull customer details into an email in Klaviyo?

• 12 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi. 

I have previously organised a preorder and about to start fulfilment for the items. As it has been a couple of months, I want to send an email through Klaviyo confirming their details ie. phone number and address. Is there a way to pull this information from Shopify into each email. Has anyone done this before? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 13 July 2023, 10:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Welcome to the community @Alibaba 

Assuming you have Klaviyo and Shopify synced, Klaviyo will have that personal data, Just head to your email and ‘Add personalisation’ to a text box. Select the property you want from the drop-down and a dynamic lookup will be inserted into the email for that property. On send, Klaviyo will populate it with the contact’s data.

Hope that helps

Andy

Badge

Hi @bluesnapper, thanks for the reply. My Shopify and Klaviyo r synced but I don’t have the same drop down as you do. This is what I see when I see on mine. Also, do you happen to know even if they r synced, will i be able to get the full address in the email? Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Alibaba 

I’ve not seen ‘Add personalisation’ missing before. Can you see contact profiles in Klaviyo that have been synced from Shopify?

Here’s something to check for that, and to add personalisation without that control being available:

1. Select ‘Preview and test’ from your email. You’ll see your default profile data in the Preview info pane on the right. Or search for a contact to see their data.
  2. Hover over a property and click to copy (see example below for Address 1)
  3. Using the Address 1 as the example this will copy: {{ person|lookup:'$address1'|default:'' }} which you can insert into your email content
  4. Repeat for any other profile properties you want to include for personalisation
  5. Test personalisation is working (step 1) by choosing random contact profiles.

If it’s possible that there will be recipients that have not supplied their address and phone number (it wasn’t mandatory when you captured that info), you should exclude those from the segment you’re sending to.

If the above personalisation approach works for you, I suggest asking Klaviyo support where your ‘Add personalisation’ control has gone! Unless other community members can shed any light on that.

Hope that helps

Andy