Solved

List clean up - how to move users to suppressed

• 15 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to do a full list clean, I have 35,000 active profiles, which need cleaned up desperately. 

I made an unengaged segment of:

This only gave me 600 profiles- I don’t know how to move them to the suppressed folder and I also don’t know how to tackle the other thousands of names. 

Any Advice?

icon

Best answer by JessFosnough 16 February 2023, 16:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @MorganLee ,

To suppress the profiles in the segment you show above, open the segment and click on Manage Segment in the upper right corner. Click on export segment to CSV. You can choose what properties to export, but since you want to suppress them, you only need the email address. Then navigate to your Suppress Profiles list by going to Audience > Profiles. Click on Suppressed Profiles in the upper right corner. From there, click on Upload File in the upper right corner and navigate to the CSV that you downloaded; all the people in the segment will now be suppressed.

I don’t really have any advice as to what to do about the rest of your profiles, but checking out Klaivyo’s articles about creating a Sunset Flow or Winback Flow might be helpful.

Best of luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @MorganLee I’ve recently written an article on how to automate this process through Klaviyo webhooks. Hope it helps. 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/klaviyo-webhook-insanely-useful-automatically-list-save-stuckings/