Solved

Shopify newsletter sign up not showing up in Klaviyo

• 24 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello, I just intergrated the Shopify newsletter footer to connect with Klaviyo Newsletter list which will put the newly signed up person into the welcome flow. It’s showing up in Shopify but it's not showing up on the list in Klaviyo or sending in the flow after the sign up on Shopify. I have Shopify & Klaviyo set to single opt in. My theme in Shopify is Debut. Thank you for your help

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 24 January 2022, 22:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Doobiedukesims,

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for posting your question here and hopefully we can fix this issue together.

The issue here could be that the form isn't connected to a Klaviyo list. There's a two step process involved with connecting with Klaviyo. The first is to add the 'newsletter' tag so that subscribers can sync into the chosen Klaviyo list. The second step is to choose the list on the Integrations page in Klaviyo. For some custom themes and password pages, you need to pass a 'Newsletter' Shopify tag with the profile:

If you are using a Shopify 3rd party theme, your theme's default signup forms must also apply the Newsletter tag to new subscribers in order for Klaviyo to automatically sync these subscribers to a Klaviyo list. Contact your theme developer, or if you're comfortable editing your theme's source code, add the following hidden input tag to your form's input group:
<input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter">  (source)

To provide a bit more context on the first step, you'll need to add 'newsletter' to the footer form code. In our Integrate with Shopify, there is a section that covers this here

For the second step, you'll want to navigate to Integrations > Shopify and click the "accepts marketing" box. That will populate a menu with all lists. Choose the list that you want the footer subscribers to navigate into. Note that those who accept marketing at checkout will also be added to this list. Read more about that here: Sync Shopify Accepts Marketing Customers into a Klaviyo List.

Let me know if you completed those steps and still have issues!

Alex