Skip to main content

Streamline transactional content creation with in-app content review

• 7 June 2024
  • 3 replies
Streamline transactional content creation with in-app content review

Have you leveraged transactional messages?

Previously, creating content that is confidently transactional while showcasing your brand has been tricky. It was a time-consuming process requiring manual reviews and extensive back and forth just to get a piece of content live or to make minor edits. 

We’ve addressed these pain points by introducing two significant improvements: 

• In-App transactional content review
  • Customizable SMS transactional content

What is in-app transactional content review?

With this feature, you can now create, submit, and get approvals for your transactional emails and SMS messages directly within Klaviyo. 

This eliminates the need for support tickets, allowing for a faster and smoother approval process. You can streamline your messaging process, ensuring your marketing efforts continue without unnecessary delays.

What is customizable SMS transactional content?

Unlock the full potential of your SMS order updates by customizing your transactional messages. Tailor your content to better suit your brand and audience needs, ensuring your communications are always on point. 

This new level of customization allows you to add branding and personalization to your transactional texts, enhancing the customer experience. 

*This update is only available for paid SMS accounts. If you have a free SMS account, you will still be able to create transactional text messages but not customize them. 

Steps for how to access in-app transactional content review: 

1. Navigate to flows: Open a flow where you want to set up a transactional notification.
  2. Customize your messages: For SMS, you now have the ability to edit the content of your SMS order updates directly.
  3. Apply for transactional status: Check the "Apply for transactional status" box to mark your message for review.
  4. Submit for review: Finalize your content and click "Submit for Review." Your content will be locked during the review process, which typically takes a few minutes but can take up to 24 hours in some cases.

Head over to our What’s New page to see what else has recently launched in your Klaviyo account.

Let us know in the comments:

• How have you been using transactional content?
  • What are your thoughts on this new update?
  • What else do you want to see?

3 replies

Badge

Love how simple the new process is compared to how it was previously. I’m not a huge fan of how simply opening the editor for an existing transactional email removes its transactional status. A lot of times I just want to look at the code quick to see how I did something previously without making a copy or saving as a template or whatever.

I also don’t like how it unlinks universal content - that essentially defeats the purpose of using it. I have a lot of shared elements used in many of our transactional emails and if I find a bug or want to change something small about one of them, I now have to go into every single email and update it and then re-submit for approval (and potentially not send important emails to customers while I’m waiting).

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

That is great feedback, @mkent! I will pass that along to the product team for you :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

That transactional approval is AMAZING! Love it!