Solved

Flow and Sign up form

• 8 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hey, 

I created the sign up form offering discount for subscribing (need to increase subscribers number).

I also created the flow Welcome customer vs non-customer, there we offer again the discount for subscription. But is it ok?  I created so, thinking, that if the person turn off the pop up with discount for subscription but subscribe later on by browsing the website, he could get an email from the welcome flow. But I doubted if it should work this way. 

Also - I don’t get know I share the discount code with sign-up form? I thought that some email should be sent to the customer once he subscribed but I don’t find there it should be done. 

Thanks for answering

icon

Best answer by Irrra 8 February 2023, 18:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello @ViktaShop . I would be happy to answer your question 🙂

Split buyers/not buyers will only work if the user is already subscribed to your newsletter. This is the case and you can even offer those who haven't bought yet a bigger discount than those who have already ordered. This makes the user more likely to buy from your brand.

To "pass on" the code to the customer you only need to follow a few steps:

1. Navigate to the Klaviyo template editor and select the email where you want to add the promo code.
  2. Create a new block or text element in the email where you want to display the promo code.
  3. In the text editor, type the text you want to use for the promo code (e.g. "Use promo code SUMMER20 for 20% off").
  4. Highlight the promo code itself (e.g. "SUMMER20") and click the link button in the text editor.
  5. In the link settings, select "Web address" and enter the URL for the page on your website where the promo code can be redeemed.
  6. Add ?promocode=XXXX (where X is the name of your promo code) to the end of the link Then it will be automatically applied when you go to the site. Just make sure that the site settings are done properly and allow it! Automatic application of a promo code works only for static coupons.
  7. Click "Save" to apply the link to the promo code.
  8. If not then the user will have to manually copy the code and paste it in when making a purchase.

You can also use dynamic content to personalize the promo code for each recipient, based on information stored in their Klaviyo profile. To do this, you'll need to create a custom property in Klaviyo to store the promo code, and then use a dynamic content block in the email template to dynamically insert the promo code based on that custom property.

The template for inserting a promo code looks like this - "{% coupon_code 'XXX' %}"; where XХХ is the name of your promo code, which is created through the Coupons tab in Klaviyo. This will be a dynamic coupon, for each person is different (dynamic coupons can only be used in the flow, in campaigns need static that need to be created through the site)

If you have any other questions, just let me know. 

Best regards,
Iryna