Question

How adding Birthday date in my pop up sign up

• 4 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I want to add the birthday date in my pop-up so that I can collect my clients' birthday dates to create a flow and offer them discounts, gifts, etc.
I don’t see how it’s possible?And how will the date be added to my clients' profiles?

Also, what is the best method for asking my already subscribed clients for their birthday date? With a system that collects these dates directly into their profiles?

Thank you.

1 reply

Badge +3

Good morning!

Here’s how to add a birthday field to your welcome popup:

1. In the main left menu (Overview), choose Add Blocks.
  2. Scroll down to the Input Fields section and drag the Date block into your form.
  3. In the left menu, type Birthday in the Profile property (or select it from the list if you created it already). Adjust the label, padding, etc. to suit your design.
  4. Best practice: Add a Label, or a new Text block, explaining why you’re collecting this, e.g. “Enter your birthday to receive a special gift!”

Any new subscribers who enter their birthday will have the date added to their profile, and you can build a new date-based flow based on the birthdays you collect.

To ask existing subscribers for their birthdays, you’ll want to create a new popup and change the targeting:

1. In the main left menu (Overview), chose Targeting & Behavior.
  2. Click the Targeting tab.
  3. In the Visitors drop-down, choose “Show to any existing profile.”

Since Klaviyo already knows who this existing subscriber is, you won’t need the email field for this popup — just some text, the date field and a button to submit it.

Adrienne