Solved

How do I create a 3 step email/SMS/additional info form that auto applies a Shopify coupon to cart?

• 8 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am trying to create the following form:

Step 1: Email capture
Step 2: SMS capture & auto apply 20% discount to Shopify cart
Step 3: Additional info capture
Step 4: Thank you

Here are the specific variables:

• Step 1
    • Enter email, submit takes you to next step which is the SMS form
    • Exit closes the form into the lower left teaser
  • Step 2
    • Enter SMS number, submit takes you to next step which is the additional info (name/age) form.
    • Submit also auto applies 20% off coupon to Shopify cart
    • “No thanks”, closes form into lower left teaser
  • Step 3
    • Enter name and age, submit goes to thank you page
    • No thanks, closes the form

I have a few specific questions:

1. How do I get the submit button on step 2 to auto-apply the coupon to their Shopify cart and also go to the next step (Step 3)?
  2. How do I associate the additional info submitted in step 3 to a single customer record?
  3. Step 3 asks me to select a “list” for the submit form button, but it doesn’t give me the dropdown to select a list: https://i.imgur.com/0ZLAL5J.png
  4. How do I get the “No thanks” on the SMS step 2 to still proceed to Step 3? The only way to get the “Show Next Step” option is to choose Action>Submit Form. But if they are choosing to not enter their number, what is it submitting to the list on this step?

Thanks for the help!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 9 August 2023, 22:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @H398767

Welcome to the Community! Love the detailed asks here, awesome to see you diving into multi step form strategy, happy to help! 

For your first question, while you can offer both unique and static coupons to a form step, you can’t apply a coupon code that will append directly to their cart in a form. However, you can add a URL to your email that will send a user to your site and add a coupon code when they click on a link in an email. The thread below will share some more details on how to accomplish this. 

Additionally, you can also create a link to rebuild a customer’s cart and add the coupon, in an Abandoned Checkout flow since the flow trigger pulls in a customer’s cart information. I’d check out this thread below to gain more insight on how to do this within a flow.

Second, if a user has already signed up to your newsletter in a previous step, the user is now cookied and all actions or information this customer gives, like in a following step, will automatically be appended to their unique profile with their email address. Then you can use this information to use in segmentation and dynamic variables in the future for all kinds of personalization! 

Third, if you chose the ‘Profile Information’ option for Step 3 when it asks you what kind of step you want to build, you will not see the list dropdown option as it isn’t the email opt in or SMS step. So your submit button options will be what you sent in the screenshot.

Finally, let me followup with an expert to confirm this last question! I will follow up soon! 

In the meantime, I’d suggest checking out these helpful resources to level up your Signup form strategies!

Hope this helps!

-Taylor