Solved

Custom Report: Placed order report on products and the associated campaign/flow

• 24 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi there!

I want to build a report that tells me WHICH products have been “placed order” on the specific campaign or flow mail.

I do know I can get this information be looking at the analytics on each individual campaign mail or flow message.

However, I’m hoping for a solution that let’s me get this info in a custom report.

Fingers crossed that this is possible.

Best,

Mathilde

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 25 October 2023, 16:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Mathilde 

Thanks for asking another great question!

While this is a great idea, at this time, the reporting tools within Klaviyo are not capable of producing such a report.

It is possible to use a GET request over the API to see:

• how many units of a particular product sold on a given day, separated by day
  • how many products were sold for a particular campaign on a given day
  • value of conversions attributed to a campaign on a given day, separated by day
  • value of conversions for a particular product on a given day, separated by day

The reason we cannot see value/sum of products by attributed campaign is due to a known limitation of API requests not being able to specify where and by parameters simultaneously. For more information on making API requests in Klaviyo, please refer to our API documentation.  https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/metric-export

I have submitted a product enhancement request on your behalf and provided your email address in case the team needs more information from you.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the thorough answer!

I’m hoping the product enhancent request can solve it - Thanks for submitting it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Mathilde Just to add to @stephen.trumble response, you would be able to get this type of report from GA4 if you’re using that (or another analytics product?).

GA4’s multi-channel attribution is different to Klaviyo but more accurate i.e. which channels contributed to a sale, not just Klaviyo. By default, Klaviyo will claim credit for a sale if a contact opens a flow/campaign email without clicking and then purchases via another channel within Klaviyo’s attribution window (default 5-days for email), though you can configure to ‘click-only’ attribution if you wish.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Andy