Solved

Email landing in spam

• 15 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello guys , I Would like to know how to avoid sending my emails in the spams. I saw that some of my customers received the email in their spam center... Can you tell me how to fix it please

Thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 16 June 2023, 17:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Did you warmup your list?

Badge

Hello Priscilla!

I will recommend checking your open rates.  If they are below the benchmark, focus on your segmentation strategy.  How?  Try sending your campaigns to your most engaged customers so you can improve your open rates and sender reputation.

Here’s a link from Klaviyo that shares tactics to improve your deliverability. 

Hope it helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Priscilla Dray,

Adding to both @s0lid’s and @58Clicks great points, I would suggest checking out both our Community Champion - @Spark Bridge Digital LLC and @inboxingmaestro’s Community articles below which discuss this topic:

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Priscilla Dray  Have you authenticated your email sending domain in Klaviyo? If not, receiving email systems cannot be sure of the sender’s indentity and so are more likely to send your emails to spam.

The set-up in Klaviyo is very easy: you head to Settings » Email and then choose a sending domain. Usually this will be a subdomain such as send.yourdomain,com, hello.yourdomain.com etc (just substitute your top level domain for “yourdomain,com”).

Klaviyo then provides you with some DNS record settings. The DNS set up is also easy to do *if* you are comfortable doing that. If not, ask a techie colleague or friend. Once the DNS records have been added to your top level domain, Klaviyo will validate that the DNS set up is correct.

Now when you send emails, the recipient email systems will know that you have authorised Klaviyo to send on your behalf.

As well as improved deliverability, the other benefit is that the email your contacts receive will not have “via klaviyomail.com” in the sender’s info which is better for brand too.

Hope that helps.

Andy

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hi @Priscilla Dray 

Before giving you any advise or recommendations, I’d like you to answer a few questions:

1) Since how long you’ve been noticing that your emails are going to spam?

2) Are you facing deliverability issues on a specific ISP like Gmail, Yahoo, Apple Mail or Outlook OR across the board?

3) How are you monitoring inbox placement or domain reputation? Do you have any systems in place currently?

4) Have you recently made any adjustments in your email programs, like targeting or sending patterns?

5) Did you test on internal seed ids on your end for triaging purpose?

Regards,

Mohsin