Solved

[Help me out Please] Can't find any solution to this Deliverability Issue

• 26 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I recently started doing email marketing for a client. They’ve never done email marketing before. But when I started sending emails for them, majority of the emails(flows) started landing in spam. Especially with Gmail accounts. I even tried sending just text emails but they land in spam as well.

So I checked with google postmaster to see if they domain reputation had taken a hit, but that is high as well.

They already had around 3.3k members in their email list collected while placing orders. Initially I just started sending flows to new subscribers, and dint engage with the 3.3k already existing members. 

I also don’t have an option to create an engaged list because I would hardly find 15 people to send to, because we have not done email marketing before, and very few people have opened our emails.

Please help!!

icon

Best answer by inboxingmaestro 26 February 2023, 15:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hi @SyDe 

I understand solving deliverability issues can be overwhelming especially when we talk about Gmail.

Since you’ve mentioned, they haven’t done email marketing before, so there is no engagement behaviour recorded yet. I can assume lot of folks in the list are either inactive, old unengaged users, or turned into a spam trap.

Couple of followup questions:

1. Have they migrated on to Klaviyo from another ESP?
  2. Have you suppressed the blacklisted users from previous ESP on Klaviyo?
  3. Have you performed any list validation activity?
  4. Are these 3.3k users verified and opted in to receive marketing emails?
  5. Have you performed the warmup and ramp up to establish reputation?
  6. Are emails properly authenticated and domains aligned?
  7. If domain rep is high, have you tried checking the spam complaints on Postmaster?
  8. How did you track emails are landing into spam? And since when?

I’ll be happy to hop on a call to talk further and guide you on troubleshooting this issue, if that makes sense.

Regards

Mohsin

Badge +3
  1. Have they migrated on to Klaviyo from another ESP?

No. Klaviyo is the only ESP they have ever used.

1.  Have you suppressed the blacklisted users from previous ESP on Klaviyo?

No, since we dint have any.

1. Have you performed any list validation activity?

No, I haven't.

1. Are these 3.3k users verified and opted in to receive marketing emails?

There emails were collected during checkout, where there is an option to opt in, which is selected by default. So yes.

1. Have you performed the warmup and ramp up to establish reputation?

No.

1. Are emails properly authenticated and domains aligned?

I don’t understand what this means.

1. If domain rep is high, have you tried checking the spam complaints on Postmaster?

Zero spam complaints.

1. How did you track emails are landing into spam? And since when?

Initially when I was testing the flows, they were landing in spam, but I thought may be it will be different when the customer signs up using the sign up form. But when I started rolling out the flows, I noticed the open rates where horrible, dropped to 8% on the welcome flow. Then I asked few of my friends to sign up and I used a few devices at home to check as well, and they used to land in spam. I just started email marketing for them around 2 weeks back. I have since stopped all emails because I didn't wanna spoil the domain reputation.

I would be really grateful if you could help me out over a call @inboxingmaestro .

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Thanks, @SyDe for sharing the details. I am really not sure about your client’s business and email programs currently running. But, it seems to me - you really have to work on technical, marketing as well as best practices part of deliverability.

And, please note, fixing Gmail deliverability issues takes time and patience with a strategic thought process and planning. 

Here’s a great resource on Troubleshooting why emails go to spam by Klaviyo that you can follow and implement.

Alternatively, get a deliverability audit deep dive done that’ll help you with a clear roadmap to fix the ongoing deliverability issues and improve your email performance.

In case of any questions, feel free to reach out.

Regards,

Mohsin