Solved

Can I keep excel/google sheet text formatting when copying it into template editor?

• 13 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hi,

We use Excel/Google sheets to organize our inventory. I was wondering if there was a way to maintain the formatting from excel/google when copying over data for our email campaigns. 

When I try to copy this into a text field in the campaign:

I get this as a result:

Is there a way to keep the formatting? (ie colored text, bold, centered columns, etc)?

I am open to other ways of solving this.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 16 June 2023, 23:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @cdz

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

Unfortunately, there really isn’t a way to copy over the styling from Google sheets into Klaviyo. However, do you mind sharing the goal behind this? I would love to see if there are any other workarounds I can provide for you!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Badge

Hi Taylor!

I think the idea for coloring is just to highlight some inventory when appropriate (ie large discounted items, low quantity, etc.) It’s not a big deal when it’s only a few items, but I’m just trying to find a solution that would work or accomplish something similar for large sets.

The goal behind the centered text is just a visual improvement. Sometimes, mostly on mobile, the QTY column would look a lot better centered. Again, when these lists become large, it’s pretty prohibitive to manually do it.

Appreciate the help!

Thank you for your time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @cdz

Thanks for clarifying that for me!

Unfortunately, there isn’t a native way to do this in Klaviyo. I’d recommend creating an image of this table the way you want it to appear, with the formatting and styling and adding it as an image block into your template.

Hope that helps!