Solved

Custom background colors in table cells

• 3 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

When using the default “table” block in the drag-and-drop editor, I see options to apply background colors to entire tables, or to entire sections in the new editor, but I can’t see any way to change the background color in a single cell to something different than the rest. I’m only seeing alignment, border and padding options on the individual cell styles. Is there something I’m missing, or is this not an option?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 6 December 2021, 13:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey ​​​​@B3NN3TT !

At this time background colors can only be applied to the entire block or to the section. I will put in a product feature request on your behalf for adding background color to an individual cell. There is no guarantee, but our team will take a look at this request and if there is an update in the future I will let you know!

Badge +3

Perfect, thank you for the clear answer, Stephen, and I appreciate the feature request. I can always hand-code a table in HTML to accomplish this, but the drag-and-drop editor saves a lot of time and complication, so I start there whenever possible.

Badge

I also would like to be able to change a single cell’s border and background color, which I believe could be integrated with this request. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @harmony

Thanks for sharing your voice with us! A feature request has been made on your behalf! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

I also would like to be able to change a single cell’s border and background color.