Solved

Newsletter form is too long when I test send. All sections aren't visible and gets cut off.

• 1 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello everybody, 

I am making a newsletter but the problem is that its too long when I try to test send it. I've tried to adjust the sizing of pictures, font size etc but its still too long. Any way I can fix it? I have also tried to delete some sections to essentially make it shorter but nothing works. The bottom section are too long when I test send to my gmail both on computer and phone. 

Any way to fix this since nothing seems to be helping. 

icon

Best answer by max77 5 April 2022, 16:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Victoria Webamp,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Since it sounds like you’re emails may be too big and are ending up being clipped by Gmail, I would suggest taking a look at some troubleshooting tips we provide in our Why Is My Email Being Clipped? Help Center article. Essentially, Gmail clips emails that are too large and exceed 102 KB. 

As @max77 also mentioned in their Community post below, it’s also best to send Live emails to your own inbox to test how they would appear rather than using the in-app preview too to get a more accurate render of your emails.

If you need more help optimizing your emails, I would further recommend taking our short, but informative Getting Started with Email Design Academy course and/or reaching out to some of our amazing Klaviyo Partners who can help with your email designs. 

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

David’s got some good info there (and not just because he ref’d my post, ha ha!)

You might also want to try shortening the length of the email if possible. I know I’ve had to do that a few times by cutting out some stuff at the end. It’s an unfortunate reality of working with Gmail inbox limitations.

Maybe try using links to articles on your site instead of putting everything into one email? We send out a newsletter with some interesting stories in it to our customers from time to time and they’d get pretty overstuffed if we put all the text in.

The important take away is that the problem lies with the data size of the email, not the physical length. Lowering text and image sizes might help a bit, but that article David posted is probably going to be your best resource for the issue.