Solved

Setting Up A Forward To A Friend Link [or Button]

• 20 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Rather new to Klaviyo and am trying to find a solution to adding a Forward to a Friend link or button at the bottom of our emails. Some platforms have widgets or block with this functionality built in, but Klaviyo does not appear to, and I have had no luck finding a solution to this in the Help Docs. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by retention 21 November 2020, 00:03

One possible workaround if you have the technical resources is you can have a link or button that passes the “Web View” link to a page on your site.  From there, you can use the Web View link as a parameter to push into some kind of “share tool” or function which then can be sent to the user’s specified friends/family email address(es) or social sharing tool.  

But, I agree with @mike.hoang - most people will simply “Forward the Email” - so perhaps try a prompt or message to see if you can encourage that behavior.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there,

At this time Klaviyo does not have a Forward to Friend link/button. Recipients would just need to forward the email using their email provider's normal function to do so.

Thanks,

Mike

Userlevel 3

One possible workaround if you have the technical resources is you can have a link or button that passes the “Web View” link to a page on your site.  From there, you can use the Web View link as a parameter to push into some kind of “share tool” or function which then can be sent to the user’s specified friends/family email address(es) or social sharing tool.  

But, I agree with @mike.hoang - most people will simply “Forward the Email” - so perhaps try a prompt or message to see if you can encourage that behavior.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@bbigda a poor mans solution can be to create a text only version of what you want to share.

Or have it coded up in HTML and then create a link on a button with or text. Example below.

<a href="mailto:enter@forward.address?subject=this%20is%20the%20subject&body=The%20text%20version%20of%20this%20email%20is%20entered%20here.%0A%0AGreetings%0A%0AOmar">Forward to a Friend</a>

@retention's solution seems the best though.