Solved

Text looks blurry on images which include text uploaded to email

• 19 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

When I upload pictures that include text the text appears slightly blurry and not sharp. 

my emails are 600px wide 

Any idea how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 23 January 2023, 19:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@LaraS which graphics package are you using? What is the resolution? Are you using png or jpeg.

I find that Canva works well.. then compressing the image (containing your text) within squoosh.app editor. Key is to make sure the original image is as sharp as possible ( and if using squoosh then can be a large file to start with )

Sean

Badge +1

Thank you for your response. I use Canva. I have tried both as png and jpegs and upload these files directly to Klaviyo at the moment.  I am not familiar with Squoosh. I will look into that thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @LaraS 

One of the prevailing standards for improving the crispness of a rendered image in an email is to insert an image 2x the desired size and then reduce the image size in your template. There are two ways to approach this:

1. Insert a large, crisp version of your image into your template, then click Edit Image and resize to your preferred dimensions
  2. Insert a natively larger image (i.e. 600px wide) and display at a smaller size (i.e. 300px width) using CSS; to take this approach, you'll need to insert your image into a text block and adjust the CSS source code

I would first suggest trying to upload a larger image into the image library, and then cropping it within the template. 

Hope this helps!