What happened to the "edit" option on images?

• 10 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

When editing the newsletter content, you used to have an “edit” option on images and now it is replaced with a “crop” option, why is this? The edit option allowed me to resize the images pixel size down so the images were much smaller and it also had other great image editing options, why did we down grade the image editing options down so much when the other way was so much better?

Taylor Tarpley 8 months ago

Hi all!

Thank you for your honest comments about our new crop editor feature and deprecating our edit option in the editor.

We made the difficult decision to deprecate this feature as our path moving forward to optimizing all features of our editors did not include this tool and the maintenance required to continue to host. I can understand the frustration surrounding this as it seems you all used this feature a great deal and deeply apologize for the inconvenience. I will share each and every comment so our team knows the impact of this event.

Thank you for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@dtbrent I was super pumped to see the crop button - was always a pain to crop before, but just went back after your comment and saw every other option was taken away - interesting. I wonder if they found most just used it to crop? Would be curious to hear the reason as well!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m particularly annoyed that the edit feature has gone — my team relied heavily on that feature to edit images down to a lower file size and add rounded corners — our whole process revolved around this feature and it’s disrupted the whole end of week for my agency. Thanks Klaviyo for downgrading your own features out of nowhere. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

The image edit feature saved us a lot of time creating newsletters and getting the newsletter size down, now I feel like I have to use an image editing software and not all my newsletter employees will do that step because it complicates and slows them down. PLEASEEEEE BRING BACK THE IMAGE EDIT FUCTION!!!!???

If Klaviyo support ever reads this thread, I have to chip in and say I agree. This is a highly frustrating update and I do not understand the benefit of this change. It also drives me crazy that you can’t make a GIF a custom size to fit the format of the email anymore. After the update in May I had to go through all of our flows and edit them since it ruined the formatting, and I don’t like the new aesthetic that I had to settle with. What was the purpose of these changes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi all!

Thank you for your honest comments about our new crop editor feature and deprecating our edit option in the editor.

We made the difficult decision to deprecate this feature as our path moving forward to optimizing all features of our editors did not include this tool and the maintenance required to continue to host. I can understand the frustration surrounding this as it seems you all used this feature a great deal and deeply apologize for the inconvenience. I will share each and every comment so our team knows the impact of this event.

Thank you for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Taylor pls that feature saved me like half an hour for every email I sent. Maybe just bring back the downscale option since that’s what everyone seemed to use the most?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @kibitz

While I am not on the product team myself, I will relay your comments to the appropriate team! 

-Taylor

@Taylor Tarpley 

taylor hi! was the Edit / Resize feature replaced with a like tool in Klayvio or automated (ideally)?  or are we now required to resize images before we upload into Klayvio?  

agree this feature was major.  we used it for every image in every email.  reduced image size (without cropping) from 1.5mb to 400k using the EDIT function.  i see this feature being a benefit to Klayvio as well as smaller emails = higher delivery rates, less bandwidth, less image storage.  so it seems a win-win to provide a way for us to create, use and store smaller image sizes.

i wonder if there’s an automation in the works?  or a single click button that would optimize all image file sizes based on the display size used in template? something like that?

jill

Badge +2

I just need the old edit feature back so that I can just downscale the images for mobile and desktop email versions of my marketing emails!
Why is the Klaviyo product team not listening?