Solved

Private API - put contacts into list or segment

• 21 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

We are using a 3rd party resource to collect email addresses (Hello Bar). The contact list in Hello Bar is linked to Klaviyo using a private API. I would like to put all of the people who sign up via the API into a list / segment so that they enter a flow and are emailed once they enter their email into the Hello Bar widget. 

I can’t locate anything in the list / segment and/or in flows that will pick out the people who signed up through that Private API. 

Would really appreciate any help!

Thank you

icon

Best answer by David To 21 June 2021, 21:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @CleoH,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

I would recommend reviewing the integration guide provided by Hello Bar on how to connect with Klaviyo here: https://hellobarassist.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/44001773671-how-to-sync-your-hello-bar-contacts-to-klaviyo 

As part of the integration created by Hello Bar to connect and pass contacts to Klaviyo, you should be able to designate a Klaviyo list that you would want to add these subscribers to. Because contacts are being added to a Klaviyo specific list as part of this integration, you can serve these contacts automated flows by triggering your flows off of this list. This sort of flow is often times called a Welcome Series flow within Klaviyo. You can learn more about building these flows from the Creating an Email Welcome Series and Guide to Creating a List-Triggered Flow articles. 

Since this connection between Hello Bar and Klaviyo is built by the developers of Hello Bar, should you need more assistance or details surrounding this integration, I would recommend reaching out to the developers at Hello Bar for further clarifications. 

I hope this helps!

David