Solved

Invite existing subscribers to sign up to unique event list/segment

• 18 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey, 

Really sorry this is quite long and I’ve got two questions a) what is best practise for subscribers b)best practise new sign ups.

We are planning a fitness week in January 2024. We want to invite existing subscribers via an email campaign to join our indoor training week. During the promotional week they’ll get daily emails with tips, hacks, guides and invites to join an off line in-store event and online live events to take part with us.

Existing

Not all our subscribers will want to get daily emails so we don’t want to just bombard people.
Not all our customers want to do indoor training.
Not all our subscribers have shown intent to do indoor cycle training but after Christmas they may change their mind and we want to give the opportunity to tell us they are interested.

Our main list already has a preferences page, which customers can update their profiles. So I don’t want to direct subscribers to this because it has a few questions on it and we ask them during the welcome flow to update preferences page. 
I’d like to keep it super simple such as a ‘YES I’M IN’ button within the campaign email. 

My idea set up would be:
1. Send a campaign with ‘I’m in button’ > I guess pressing this would open a url thank-you page or trigger a flow and send them a thank-you email 
2. An custom property is added to their profile, which I will use to segment the subscribers to the Indoor Training Week campaign.

New Subscribers

I’d like to use the ‘event’ to get new subscribers.  ‘Join our indoor training week…sign up.’

What is the best practise for a) people who just want to join the training week b) those that want to join the newsletter and the training week 
Should I link the sign up box to my main newsletter list or add the sign ups to a separate list?

If I keep it separate; should I add a second check box on the form to ask would you also like to sign up to our main newsletter? Then assign a custom property to them and merge them into our main newsletter each week. 

Sorry for the two questions, if you’d like I could split them into two topics.
Also feel free to answer just one of my queries. 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 20 December 2023, 06:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @clairebeaumont

Always love to see your strategy questions around the Community! Happy to help!

For the first part of your question,

• I agree on your strategy to target your existing subscribers clicking a button if they’re interesting in the training week, which will then add a property to their profile so you can later segment these subscribers out of your main list and send them the necessary campaigns come next month. I’d also suggest having some kind of hidden thank you page to have your subscribers land on after they click the button.This documentation will help you get started. You can also create a segment of users who are on your main list AND have received this email, but don’t have the ‘interested’ property on their profile and show them another announcement form about the event for one last try to get them signed up. 

For the second part of your question, 

• You could create a form that would lead with your event first and give your new subscriber a chance to say ‘yes’ to training, which would add them to your main list, but add a hidden property of ‘interested’ to their profile. However, the second button would still allow them to sign up, but the hidden property wouldn’t be added so they wouldn’t receive your training campaigns. This way you don’t need to set up to separate lists. It should be noted that the ‘I’ll pass’ button will need to have the ‘Submit form’ option for the ‘Action’ step so you can still add a user to a list! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey @Taylor Tarpley,

Thanks so much for the time and energy you put into the reply and thanks also for the mock up graphic! It was really handy you linked to the documentation because I was searching Klaviyo and I wasn’t quite finding the article I needed.

I’ve implemented the suggestions and we’re ready to roll come January 3rd! 

Have a great NY!