Solved

Link to free resource to build email list

• 11 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi - I am just starting out and have noone on my email list. To help with this I thought a social ad with a link to download a free resource guide (in exchange for their email) would be a good start. I am not sure the best way to set this all up in the backend. Any help would be appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 12 June 2023, 07:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@katsomeday 

You can set up embed form in Klaviyo and then add that to a page on your website. Then you can promote that page and wherever you like. That form will be linked and subscribing people to Klaviyo list.

Then create a flow in Klaviyo triggered by that list and in the flow add an email where you provide the link to the resource you promised.

So the process for them would be.. they subscribe to the form on your website and automatically receive the email with the resource guide through the flow and also now you have their email in klaviyo.

Btw just a warning, free product subscriptions together with giveaway subscriptions are the worst subscribers. They usually come for the free stuff and are not much interested in your store so after they get what they want they immediately unsubscribe. This can hurt your account deliverability.

So my suggestion is just set an pop up opt in forms on your website like home page pop up or exit intent pop up for your products page so only people really interested in your brand can see them and subscribe.. In email marketing more subscribers is not always better. They need to be interested in what you are selling for email marketing to be useful.

Badge

Thank you so much - really helpful and also some great advice to consider 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @katsomeday

I’d also recommend checking out this Community article and our Klaviyo blog resources on growing your list! 

-Taylor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @katsomeday adding to what the above people have said there is a way to directly add people to your list from Facebook by using Facebook Lead Ads.

It all depends on what you're selling, what incentives you're giving and especially what the pain of your audience is to create an interesting enough offer or incentive they don't mind signing up for. As @Bobi N. mentioned a free resource might not bring in the correct audience but this highly depends on what the resource is. Sometimes it takes a bit more before they buy. Just be aware that the sales cycle might be different so testing things is always a good thing.

About facebook lead ads:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/14318416590235

Regards,

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO