Skip to main content
Solved

Multi-step form collecting profile information after submitting email

• 1 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi community,

I am new to Klaviyo and have been struggling with what seems to be a limitation with the multi-step forms.

I have embedded a multi-step form on my website, which starts by asking for the email. On the second step I ask for first name and last name to complete their profile information.

I have been testing but it seems like the profile information doesn’t get saved on my subscribers’ contact information.

More precisely it feels like the form is actually submitted only at the first step, I think that if i had put first name and last name as the first step it would have worked but it’s not the path that I wanted to take.

Can you confirm if what I want to do is possible ?

Many thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @PauldeT,

Welcome to the Community! 

Thinking of some simple things we can check before we assume a technical issue here:

1. Have your First and Last Name text input blocks been properly mapped to the correct Profile property in your form settings? This would be the first thing I checked if I were troubleshooting this issue on my end. You want to make sure that the data you are collecting from your subscribers are being input into the correct Property in their Profile. 

2. Next, have you marked First and Last Name as required fields? If not, this means that the form can be submitted without an input in these fields. This could also cause this information to not be coming through to your Klaviyo account. 

--

Hope this helps! 

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge

Hi @Ashley I.

I had checked the two points you mentioned and I had them properly set up.

When I publish the form though I do get a warning on the second step CTA (the one related to the profile information step):

“Your form needs a list to which your visitors can subscribe”

I can’t find any option on that CTA that would allow me to make it subscribe to my list.

On the other side, on the first step CTA collecting the email, I can select my list.

That’s why I am asking if it’s even possible to start with collecting the email or if this always need to be the last step of a multi-step form.

Many thanks,

Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@PauldeT Ah, I see!

In this case, you should click on the Submit button in your form, and confirm you have added a List where subscriber data is collected (preferably, your main list) 

Badge

@Ashley I. 

The thing is I have added my list to the Email Opt-in, first step and this is working, I do get the email sent to my list.

What I don’t see is the equivalent on the button that is at my second step which asks for first name and last name. 

Even though the warning is telling me to add a list to that button, there is no option on the sidebar to select to which list the first name and last name should be saved. 

Is this normal ?

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@PauldeT Thank you for the additional screenshots! 

This seems the be the correct settings as I have just replicated the same steps in my account and the settings are the same as what is shown here. 

If you are still having issues recording profile information in your Klaviyo account, there might be an underlying issue I am unable to diagnose without direct access.

I would recommend reaching out to Klaviyo Support for assistance as they will be able to help troubleshoot from within your account

-- Ashley Ismailovski