Solved

Why is My Email Image Alignment Off When I Forward the Email to Hotmail?

• 26 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi There,

I’ve been at this for quite some time and I can’t seem to get the boarders to align. Why does this keep happening to me? I tried playing around with the Block Styles, block padding.. and it only makes it worse!

It’s the same thing with the footer.

Thanks In advance!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 30 September 2021, 21:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

That's odd! Hard to say what's going on without looking at the image, block settings, etc.  DM me if you want me to take a peek.  Or send a loom video of you going through the setup. All the images are the same size right? (have to ask)

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @OasisAdaptogens,

Thanks for posting to the Community! It would indeed be difficult to pinpoint the exact reason without seeing your settings. Here is one solution I could think of:

If you click on your image block, there is an option on the bottom of the settings called 'Fill Image Area':

?name=inline-567165417.png

You'll want to select that option. Then, in your Block Styles, you'll need to remove the extra padding from the Left/Right (this is what is causing the extra space):

?name=inline1151488526.png

So you'd want it to look like this:

?name=inline-1183712129.png

Let us know if this worked + provide additional details if possible so that we can better troubleshoot here as well :)

Thanks!

Alex

Badge +2

Hi Friends,

I took your suggestions and it didn’t help please watch the recording for more detail explanation of the issue I'm having. Thank you in advance.

Paula

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @OasisAdaptogens

Thank you so much for sharing that video! It helped shed some light on the situation that will hopefully lead to a solution! 

Without the video, @Mailbox Manny and @alex.hong gave excellent troubleshooting advice when encountering email template issue:

• Checking the image size
  • Removing the padding in a block, end
  • Ensuring that the blocks ‘fill image area’

However, this template formatting issue is due to the fact that the email was forwarded from your Gmail account. We strongly advise against forwarding emails. Klaviyo does not support/offer any forward to a friend button either for this reason. Once emails are forwarded, the HTML of the email is rendered twice, often causing styling and content errors. Litmus writes a great article about The Issues That Can Occur When Forwarding Emails I’d recommend you checking out for more insight into the matter. 

Additionally, if you want to test how your emails will appear in your customers’ inboxes, I would suggest using a service like EmailOnAcid or Litmus. Unfortunately, each inbox provider or email client will render HTML differently depending on various factors. However, these services will allow you to preview on a wide variety of devices and email clients. Using these tools will allow you to better understand how your emails will display on various devices and allow you to optimize your emails accordingly. 

Here are some additional Community Posts on the same subject! 

Thanks for sharing your participation in the Community! 

-Taylor